“Kiss Spring Cleaning” Winning Weekend
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The “Kiss Spring Cleaning” Winning Weekend contest (“Contest”) will begin on March 23, 2012 and end on March 25, 2012 (“Contest Period”). On-air winners will be awarded one (1) Kiss Prize Pack.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WDMK-FM who are legal residents of the U.S. residing in the Detroit, MI metropolitan area, and are 21 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. There are two methods of Contest participation. To participate in the Contest, listeners must enter using one of the following methods:
1. Contestants must be the 10th caller after the on-air solicitation for callers has been made. Contact WDMK at (313) 298-1059. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts to participate in the Contest.
1. Contestants may register online via WDMK’s website at www.kissdetroit.com, for a chance to win.
2. Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
3. Entries must be received by 11:59pm local time on March 25, 2012 or they will be void.
4. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
Contest participants may only win one (1) of thirty (30) Kiss Prize Packs. There will be twenty-nine (29) on-air winners and one (1) on-line winner.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of WDMK-FM who are 21 years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the Detroit, MI metropolitan area.
2. Employees of WDMK-FM, Bell Broadcasting Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Detroit, MI, metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those residing in the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from WDMK-FM within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from WDMK-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
1. Prize will include the following:
One (1) KISS PRIZE PACK which will include: one (1) gift card (TBD), two (2) Kiss t shirts, and one (1) KISS mirror.
2. Dates and times of concerts, activities, and trips promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
3. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at WDMK’s offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
4. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by WDMK management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All contest winners must sign and date official WDMK release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. If for any reason a contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the contest sponsor and / or contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If contest winner does not claim their prize within thirty (30) days, the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest through two methods of entry; by becoming the correct caller at the designated number after the announcement for callers has been made, or through online registration.
2. The Contest will progress in the following manner:
a. Contest participants must listen to WDMK between the hours of 7am and 7pm for the on-air solicitation for callers
b. Dial (313) 298-1059 after the on-air announcement for callers has been made. The tenth (10th) caller will win the prize KISS Prize Pack.
c. Upon becoming the correct caller, the winning contestant will be asked to provide their contact information (off the air); name, address, phone number, and email address.
d. Contestants can also register on-line at www.kissdetroit.com to participate in the Contest
e. One (1) prize winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically, and there will be twenty-nine (29) winners through on-air participation on WDMK.
f. The online prize winner will be notified by phone.
g. All winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Stations located at 3250 Franklin Detroit, MI 48207 to claim their prize.
3. All decisions made by WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the contest.
6. All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WDMK, Bell Broadcasting Company, any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. WDMK retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the WDMK reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. WDMK, Bell Broadcasting Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WDMK, Bell Broadcasting Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of WDMK and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. WDMK, Bell Broadcasting Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WDMK, Bell Broadcasting Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by WDMK in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company’s control which, in WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, WDMK and Bell Broadcasting Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
14. Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of WDMK, located at 3250 Franklin Street Detroit, MI 48207. Copies of contest rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.